Tuesday, October 05, 2010
Top Ten Reasons that the Harmonica is an Awesome Instrument
10. When played in a particularly shrill fashion, the harmonica will induce all dogs within earshot to howl lustily.
9. You can buy a good quality diatonic harmonica for well under $50 - this is the cheapskate's favorite instrument.
8. You can practice your harmonica while driving your car. Try THAT with a trombone!
7. A harmonica provides you with something to do while riding the elevator (although you might not want to play it when you have fellow passengers in the elevator).
6. The harmonica is almost as flexible and interesting as the human voice.
5. You can front a blues band if you can play the harmonica and sing a little.
4. Harmonica players can say that they play the same instrument as Howard Levy - although Howard plays the harmonica like no one else in the universe (he is a very scary monster of the harp).
3. Harmonica + a bullet microphone + a vintage tube amplifier = world's best contemporary musical sound.
2. The harmonica is a wind instrument that plays chords!!! Try THAT with a trombone!
And the Number 1 reason why the harmonica is an awesome instrument:
1. It fits in your pocket, so you can express yourself musically at any time. My trombone most certainly does NOT fit in my pocket.